Bed bugs are incredibly efficient hitchhikers. They can easily climb onto luggage, move across a room, or anything left on a bed in just one night.
For bed bugs, hotels are perfect homes due to the ready supply of fresh hosts to feed on. The difficulty of sustaining bed bug exterminators in such facilities aggravates the situation in the long term.
Always look for live insects, eggs, bloodstains, and dead bugs once you get into a room. You will notice a musty, sweet odour, like soda pop syrup. There are high chances you bring bedbugs home from vacation. To prevent this, you can
● Inspect your hotel room before settling in. Go for a quick scan of the couches, bed, or armchairs.
● Look closely at wooden headboards.
● Look for red or small brown spots on the sheets.
● Know what bedbugs look like.
● Keep your suitcase off the floor.
● Elevate your luggage and other personal belongings.
● Unpack immediately.
● Keep calm and declutter.
● Rinsing clothes once you are back home after travelling is mandatory.
● Drying beddings with heat helps kill bed bugs.
● Don’t forget to check the garage or utility room.
Features of Bed bugs
Adult bed bugs are 5 mm long, ovular in shape, wingless, and rusty brown.
1. Common bed bugs or Cimex lectularius feed on humans and other animals with equal gusto.
2. Tropical bed bugs or Cimex hemispheric or is the other one.
Bed bugs need a blood meal to moult during the development of nymphs. Adult bugs can stay alive for around six months.
Why are bugs a cause of worry?
Since bed bugs feed on human blood, they leave reddish scars, tiny bruises and result in itching to your skin, which eventually gives rise to infection and blood loss. For the right solution, search for the best bed bug company near me on time.
There are high chances you get bugs once you return from travelling. They can invade almost any surface and even move through a whole house. DIY products like diluted rubbing alcohol fail to kill these silent killers.
Normally, licensed professionals take anywhere from 2-4 treatment sessions over 3-6 weeks to eradicate bed bugs. If you stay near Brisbane, just run a location-specific search like bed bug control Brisbane on Google and find them.
When you look for the best bed bug treatment company near me, you will get to know the benefits of using aerosols.
You can go for the laundry treatment formula to destroy bed bugs. However, to manage the larger infestation, you must google bed bugs specialist near me.
Bugs have a high reproduction rate, and you can’t find only a few bed bugs in one place. Professionals deliver service at a satisfactory bed bug treatment cost. Mere cleaning doesn’t help because
● bug infestation occurs silently.
● Restraining the growth of bugs in an untreated place is hard.
● They tend to come back even after treatment.
● In bare eyes, you cannot find their eggs.
● Chemical treatment alone cannot deal with their breeding.
● A detailed investigation is needed as a single egg may generate into thousands.
The insects hide near their food source. The nocturnal species disappear into the crevices of mattresses, sheets, box springs, upholstery, furniture, and hollow bedposts during the day.
Other hiding spots include behind pictures, baseboards, in any wallpaper that might be torn or cracked. Check all these possible hiding spots to find bed bugs in a hotel room.
Search for bed bug services near me to maintain industry standards.
There is no substitute for ‘heat treatment’ or fumigation. The best bed bug exterminator uses an organic procedure.
Tips to remember
● Never place your bedding, luggage, or clothing directly on the bed.
● Always use metal luggage racks.
● Use small plastic bags to pack shoes, clothing, and other personal items.
● Chequebooks, toiletry kits, and other non-metal personal items.
● You can also find them on aeroplanes, buses, and train seats or in rental cars.